The Conscious Dietitian is about making the best food choices for ourselves and for our planet through plant-strong eating and a holistic approach to health.
As a Registered Dietitian, the information shared on The Conscious Dietitian aims to inspire healthy eating and back up any nutrition claims with sound evidence. Focus topics include plant-strong nutrition, Indigenous wellness and healing, healthy gut and digestion, and green sustainable eating.
For private nutrition services and meal plans see Pacific North Nutrition for details. Update: Private Nutrition Services are currently limited.
Article Contribution: Sharing my passion for sustainable eating and plant-strong nutrition on different platforms also helps to spread the word about healthy eating that is good for our bodies, and the planet. See below for some examples of article contributions:
- 5 Healthy Foods You Should Always Buy In Bulk, According To A Sustainable Dietitian – Well + Good
- How To Make The Healthiest, Most Ethical and Sustainable Food Choices If You Eat Meat, Dairy, and Eggs – Well + Good
- Be A Mediterranean Diet Superstar With This Guide To Eating Fish Sustainably – Well + Good
- How To Improve Your Eating Habits In A Pandemic – Tips From Dietitian Rachel Dickens
- The Health and Sustainability Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
- Rumble – Meet Our Team and Nutrition 101
Featured In: Indigenous wellness, diabetes prevention and management, and food sovereignty.
- Dietitian Stresses The Need For Children To Consume Water – Ha-Shilth-Sa Newspaper
- Taking Charge of Type 2 Diabetes – Ha-Shilth-Sa Newspaper
- A Traditional First Nations Diet Combatted Illnesses That Are Now Common, Says Research – Ha-Shilth-Sa Newspaper
Recipe Development: I love cooking and being able to tap into creativity to come up with new and healthy ways to showcase plant-based ingredients and products. I often create new recipes to share in meal plans which I provided through my private practice. See examples here and here.
Consulting: My passion is in Indigenous Wellness and I am honoured to be able to work alongside:
- ISPARC – Indigenous Sports and Recreation Council
- The National Indigenous Diabetes Association. We have worked together on numerous projects including the beautiful”
- I also work with the fun and exciting team at Rumble. See an example of my work with Rumble here.